What is SEO Expert?
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is an SEO expert?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) experts are responsible with the task of reviewing, analysing and making changes to a website so that it becomes optimised for search engines. They offer their expert advices and recommendations so that a business can grow by gaining more natural traffic from search engines.
What are the responsibilities of an SEO expert?
The basic role of an SEO expert is to maintain the website so that the incoming traffic from search engines increases over time due to its ranking on the result pages. Some of the basic responsibilities of an SEO expert are:
• Understanding a client’s or organisation’s SEO marketing objectives and making strategies to implement them for the desired results.
• Optimisation of web pages through various on-page or off-page methods to improve its rankings on the search engine result pages.
• Doing extensive keyword research to implement the proper usage of keywords in the web pages.
• Being updated with the latest technology changes in the search engine algorithms and current SEO techniques.
• Preparing periodic reports on the SEO activities and their impact on the web page traffic to show progress to the clients or the management.
• Reviewing the SEO activities of a business to make sure that there are no security issues.
What are the skills needed to become an SEO expert?
If you want a successful career in SEO, the following skills are required:
• Advanced knowledge of various SEO techniques and activities.
• Proficient in the usage of a wide range of SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Planner, Moz, Alexa, etc.
• High-level analytical, troubleshooting and organisational skills.
• Basic knowledge of web development and web designing, with working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Good understanding of digital marketing techniques related to SEO.
What are the career outcomes with experience in SEO?
With an experience in SEO, you can expect to get opportunities in one of the following career profiles:
• SEO Manager/SEO Consultant
• Digital Marketing Manager
• VP - Online Marketing
• Head of Marketing
What is the average salary of an SEO expert?
The average salary of an SEO expert is around ₹ 5 Lacs per annum and with experience or a certification, one can improve the earning potential. Usually, with a certification in SEO, one can have a better career growth as compared to a non-certified one. The salary may also vary according to the experience, qualification and organisation.
What are the advantages of becoming an SEO expert?
As digital marketing has become a norm for businesses, SEO experts play an important role. Outlined below are some of the advantages of becoming an SEO expert:
• As an SEO expert, you will have a balanced creative and analytical skill set as to improve traffic, it has to appeal to both search engines and users.
• The career growth in digital marketing is huge as it is one of the hottest skills in the marketing industry. You can expect to have a successful future.
• Being an SEO expert can provide an opportunity to work across different industries which practises online marketing.
• The demand for SEO experts are on the rise and it is not only the big enterprises that hire but the small and medium enterprises are also paying good packages to improve their businesses.
Which profiles can go for an SEO expert role?
• SEO Executives
• Digital/Online Marketing Executives
• Content Writers/Copywriters
• Marketing Executives/Sales Executives
• Technical Support Executives
Who can become an SEO expert?
• Non-experienced professionals – If you do not have the experience in the field, it is difficult to get interviews for an SEO expert position. To improve your chances, you can go for a certification course.
• Experienced professionals – When you have the necessary experience and skills, it is always easy to get the job you are looking for. With the right knowledge in SEO, you can have easy chances of becoming an SEO expert.
Naukri Learning offers various online courses in digital marketing and SEO which you will help you to enhance your career, get better job opportunities and a higher pay package.
What is the eligibility criteria for an SEO expert?
There is no fixed eligibility criteria to become an SEO expert but having some amount of skills associated with the field is going to be beneficial. Professionals from any background can become an SEO expert if they have the right skills. You can enrol in a certification course to acquire the desired skills and knowledge.
Why are candidates going for an SEO expert profile?
SEO has been a prominent online marketing for a number of years and the opportunities are also vast. This is the reason candidates are going for an SEO expert profile. Some of the other reasons are:
• SEO Executives/Digital Marketing Executives/Online Marketing Executives – Most professionals start their online marketing profile in one of the above positions. With experience, there will be more opportunities and better career growth. SEO Expert is a step up from this profiles. The average salary is also higher as you have an advanced knowledge on the field and have acquired varied skills for the job.
• Marketing Executives/Sales Executives – The number of marketing executives and sales executives with similar skills are more than the number of skilled SEO professionals. That is why companies are looking for SEO experts. With less competition and growing opportunities, you can have a better career growth.
• Content Writers/Copywriters – SEO professionals with content writing skills are rare. This is why if you are content writer/copywriter and acquire SEO skills, you will receive a lot of opportunities.
What do recruiters look for in the candidature of an SEO expert?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring an SEO expert:
• Prior experience – Any prior experience in SEO or digital marketing is going to give you an advantage. It is also great if you can have any transferable skills like communication and time management skills.
If you do not have any prior experience, a certification can help you to become an SEO expert.
• Key skills – Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Webmaster Tools, Moz, Alexa, HTML, PPC, web analytics, link building, and keyword research.
Who are the top recruiters that hire SEO experts?
A number of big companies hire SEO experts to improve the rankings of their webpages or to increase the organic traffic to their business sites. Some of the top recruiters that hire media planners are Amazon, Flipkart, Expedia, Airbnb, Infoedge and Bajaj Allianz.