Career Path to become Real Estate Agent
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
A real estate agent is a professional who is responsible for assisting and guiding clients on property buying, selling or renting. He/she is generally associated with studying property listings, discussing conditions of sale and drawing up real estate contracts.
What are the roles of a real estate agent?
The basic role of a real estate agent is to match property buyers and sellers. Some of the common responsibilities of a real estate agent are:
• Guiding property buyers and sellers to get the best prices under the most favourable terms and conditions.
• Determining the demands of the clients and proposing the best solutions within their financial requirements.
• Performing market analysis to have a good knowledge of the property prices and demands in the market.
• Marketing and advertising of real estate properties to potential buyers.
• Developing a network with real estate developers, lenders and attorneys.
• Acting as an intermediary between sellers and buyers so that both parties reach an agreement.
What are the skills required to become a real estate agent?
To become a successful real estate agent, you need to have the following skills:
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
• Clear communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good marketing and advertising skills.
What are the career outcomes of a real estate agent?
With experience as a real estate agent, you can have the following career opportunities:
• Real Estate Consultant
• Property Manager
• Real Estate Asset Manager
What is the average salary of a real estate agent?
The average salary of a real estate agent is around ₹ 4-6 Lacs per annum and it varies according to the amount of experience, qualifications and the type of organisation. Generally, the salary of professional with a certification in sales can have a better career growth as compared to a non-certified professional.
What are the career advantages of becoming a real estate agent?
As a real estate agent, you can build your career in the right direction. Some of the career advantages that you can have as a real estate agent are:
• As a real estate agent, you will have the opportunity to work individually and learn a lot on the job.
• The job of a real estate agent is related to sales and one can earn huge incentives depending on the performance.
• You will get to meet many different people while working as a real estate agent and improve your network connections. This will help you when you move to a better position in the future.
• Fresh Graduates
• Sales Executives
• Retail Sales Associates
• Property Brokers
Who can become a real estate agent?
• Fresh graduates – It is not tough for fresh graduates to become a real estate agent. One needs to have good communication and sales skills. Most of the skills associated with real estate agent depend on the person and not on the amount of experience that person has.
• Non-experienced professionals – Just like fresh graduates, non-experienced professionals also can become real estate agents without any experience. You can go for a certification course in real estate to improve your chances.
• Experienced professionals – For an experience professional, it is expected that they already have the requisite amount of knowledge of the industry to give top performance. One can improve their skills with a sales certification course.
Naukri Learning offers a variety of professional training courses in sales and real estate to help candidates in their career growth.
What is the eligibility criteria to become a real estate agent?
There is no fixed eligibility criteria to become a real estate agent. However, it is required to have good communication skills and the ability to negotiate with clients well. Most of these skills can be gained on the job or with the help of training course in sales.
Why are candidates going for a real estate agent profile?
• Fresh graduates – If you are a fresh graduate and want to make a career in the real estate sales industry, you can start your career as a real estate agent. You will acquire industrial knowledge and sales skills, which will benefit you in the future.
• Sales Executives – Most sales executives already have good communication and sales skills. If you can apply those skills in real estate market, you can have the opportunity to earn huge incentives. This is why many sales executives try to move to a real estate agent position.
Recruiters usually look for the following areas while hiring a real estate agent:
• Prior experience – Recruiters love to hire candidates who have experience in real estate. However, you can get impress the recruiter if you have excellent communication and negotiation skills. A certification in sales can also help you to become a real estate agent.
• Key skills – Client acquisition, outbound and inbound calling, business development, communication and negotiation skills, sales management, etc.
Who are the top recruiters that hire real estate agents?
Many big real estate agencies look hire skilled agents who can improve their sales and provide new strategies for marketing. Some of the top recruiters are Investors Clinic, Sobha Developers, Indiabulls Real Estate, Shapoorji Pallonji, etc.