What is Marketing Manager?
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
What is a Marketing Manager?
A Marketing Manager is a professional who manages the marketing of a business or product and it could include one or more products or services. Marketing Managers are responsible for planning and promoting a brand or service through different marketing activities. It includes all day to day marketing activities, which is done towards improving the position and enriching the brand image of a company or brand through various ways.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Marketing Manager?
The basic responsibility of a Marketing Manager is to manage the daily marketing activities of an organisation.
Some of the common roles and responsibilities of a Marketing Manager are:
• Developing strategies and tactics that will drive the marketing goals of an organisation.
• Deploying marketing campaigns successfully.
• Exploring the best marketing channels that will offer the best return on investment (ROI).
• Identifying the target markets which will offer the best visibility for the brand.
• Creating regular reports and analysing of market data to understand the customer behaviours.
What are the skills/tools associated with a Marketing Manager?
• Expertise on various marketing techniques and tools.
• Good understanding of the various marketing channels.
• Excellent communication and man management skills.
• Decent creative thinking ability and ability to express new concepts with ease.
• Good working knowledge of common software applications and tools like MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What are the future career outcomes of a Marketing Manager?
Marketing Managers play an important role in every organisation as these professionals are responsible for driving the business growth. Following are some of the career outcomes after a Marketing Manager role:
• Senior Marketing Manager/Regional Sales Manager
• Deputy General Manager
• VP, Marketing/Marketing Director
• General Manager
• Chief Marketing Officer
What is the average salary of a Marketing Manager?
The average salary of a Marketing Manager is around ₹ 6.5 Lacs per annum and with the right amount of experience, it can go more than ₹ 16 Lacs per annum. Certified professionals generally get better opportunities and have a better career growth as compared to non-certified professionals.
What are the advantages of becoming a Marketing Manager?
Being a Marketing Manager can offer you a lot of advantages career wise and you can think of moving to a higher position with experience.
Some of the career benefits that Marketing Managers enjoy are:
• A Marketing Manager is an important position in an organisation and your decisions will impact the business of an organisation.
• As marketing is core to most organisations, you will get opportunities to work with some of the top companies.
• The salary of Marketing Managers is generally on the higher side as compared to most professionals across industries.
• A Marketing Manager has to deal with the various professionals in various divisions within an organisation. This will help them to get a solid idea of the business functions and acquire a broad skill set.
Which profiles can go for a Marketing Manager role?
• Fresh MBA Graduates
• Marketing Executives/Sales Executives
• Business Development Executives
• Customer Support Specialists
• Digital Marketing Executives
Who can become a Marketing Manager?
• Fresh MBA graduates – If you are a fresh MBA graduate, it is beneficial to have a certain amount of hands-on experience through internships, summer training or even a certification course.
• Non-experienced professionals-If you do not have experience in the field, recruiters are less likely to hire you as a Marketing Manager. Hence, such professionals can take up a certification course to gain the required skills and hands-on experience.
• Experienced professionals – If you have experience in the marketing or sales, it will be easy for you to get opportunities for you to be a Marketing Manager.
Naukri Learning offers a variety of marketing courses which will help you to improve your chances of becoming a Marketing Manager.
What is the eligibility criteria for a Marketing Manager?
There are no fixed eligibility criteria for a Marketing Manager. However, to get job opportunities as one, you will to have a certain amount of experience or have an MBA degree in marketing. Professionals having different educational background can also go for a Marketing Manager position if they have the right skills.
Why are candidates going for a Marketing Manager profile?
Marketing Manager is a reputed position in the marketing field and offers a variety of experienced that will build your career. Outlined below are some of the reasons that candidates are going for a Marketing Manager profile:
• Fresh MBA Graduates-
To start as a Marketing Manager after an MBA is a huge step for anyone. Most professionals starts in an internship or trainee position for a few months before being appointed as a Marketing Manager. To increase your chances, you can always go for a certification that will help you.
• Marketing Executives/Sales-
Executives/Business Development Executives
It is a promotion for these professionals and will improve their career growth.
As a Marketing manager, these professionals will also receive an improved salary and other benefits that come with the job profile.
• Digital Marketing Executives
Digital Marketing Executives are usually focussed on certain marketing channels. As a Marketing Manager, one can broaden their experience areas and skill set.
What do recruiters want in a Marketing Manager candidate?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring a Marketing Manager:
• Prior experience – Any prior experience in the field can make the recruiters interested in you. It is also great if you have any transferable skills like excellent communication, creative thinking, and customer service along with experience in different marketing channels.
If you do not have any prior experience, a certification can help you fulfil your dream of becoming a Marketing Manager.
• Key Skills – Branding, digital marketing, PR, product strategy, business development, campaign management and lead generation.
Which are the top recruiters that hire Marketing Managers?
Marketing Manager is an attractive position and offers opportunities across all industries. Various companies look to hire expert professionals who can handle their marketing requirements. Some of the top recruiters that hire IT Consultants are Amazon, Microsoft, Flipkart, Pepsico, P&G, Google and Cipla.