What is an HR Business partner?
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is an HR Business Partner?
HR Business Partners are HR professionals who work as a consultant to the management on human resource-related areas. Usually, they are the senior HR professionals of a company and are tasked with the alignment of business objectives with employees in designated business units. It is a modern HR function and most of them have the experience of putting across points across to senior leaders on a regular basis.
What are the roles/responsibilities of an HR Business Partner?
• Present their ideas to the management in a clear and understandable manner.
• Manage complex employee relations issues effectively.
• Develop and create employee contract terms regarding employment, promotion and benefits.
• Work closely with the employees in order to find out ways to improve their work relationship, increase productivity and boost morale.
• Take feedback and analyse the metrics regularly to understand the prevailing employee sentiments.
What are tools/skills associated with HR Business Partner?
If you want to have a successful HR Business Partner career, it is desirable to have the following skills:
• High-level of communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of legal requirements, regulatory compliance and employment laws in order to minimise risks
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of common business software like MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What are the career outcomes after an HR Business Partner certification?
With a certification in Human Resources, you can expect to establish a successful career in the finance industry. Some of the career outcomes you can expect:
• HR Manager – Business Partner
• HR Coordinator
• VP – Human Resources
• Head of HR/Director of HR
What is the average salary of an HR Business Partner?
The average salary of an HR Business Partner is around ₹ 6.2 Lacs per annum and with experience, it can become more than ₹ 18 Lacs per annum (usually depends on the organisation and skill levels). A certified professional can earn more and have a better career path than non-certified professionals.
What are the advantages of becoming an HR Business Partner?
HR Business partners have evolved from traditional HR roles and are now elevated to a sine quo non profile of any established organisation in the current years.
Some of the advantages that you might enjoy after becoming an HR Business Partner are:
• As an HR Business Partner, you will be in constant communication with the senior management of the company and get a very valuable experience out of it.
• HR Business Partners are usually senior HR professionals and it can be considered as an achievement in your career life.
• Most HR Business Partners have a better average salary than other areas in the HR field.
• You will be in for a challenging job position that will keep you out of the monotony associated with some of the HR profiles.
Which profiles can become HR Business Partner?
• Fresh MBA Graduates
• HR Executives/HR Assistants
• HR Generalists
• Assistant Manager – HR
Who can become an HR Business Partner?
• Experienced Professionals – If you are already in HR and have the requisite skills, then it would be easy for you to become an HR Business Partner.
• Non-experienced professionals- If you do not have experience in the field, recruiters are less likely to call you for an HR Business Partner job. Hence, such professionals can take up a certification course to gain the required skills and training.
Naukri Learning offers a variety of online HR Business Partner courses which will help you to boost your career, get better jobs and receive higher salaries.
What is the eligibility of an HR Business Partner?
There is no fixed eligibility to become an HR Business Partner. However, you need to have a good understanding of an organisation’s HR requirements and good communication skills. Most of the HR Business Partners have a bachelor’s degree. MBA in HR or a degree in a related filed can offer you added advantage. Also, if you have a certification in HR, you will have a competitive edge over non-certified professionals.
Why are candidates going for an HR Business Partner profile?
HR Business Partner offers a good career opportunity to move ahead to a senior management or a higher profile.
Some of the other reasons why professionals find HR Business an attractive position are:
• Fresh MBA Graduates- HR Business Partner is a good start for a fresh graduate who has done MBA in HR as it offers high career growth and a decent salary, which is above average as compared to most entry-level HR jobs.
• HR Executive/HR Assistant- For HR Executives and HR Assistants, HR Business Partner is an upgrade in terms of career and other benefits that come with it.
There are few professionals with skills required to be an HR Business Partner and so, organisations look for those candidates who are well-suited for the job.
• HR Generalist- Most HR professionals have skills that are enough to be an HR Generalist. Therefore, there is a lot of competition in this position in terms of career growth and this leads to a lower average salary. This is why HR professionals prefer moving to an HR Business Partner position in order to boost their career growth.
What do recruiters want in an HR Business Partner?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring an HR Business Partner:
• Prior experience – Any prior experience in the field can make the recruiters interested in you. It is also great if you can have any transferable skills like talent management, analytical, performance management, excellent communication, business understanding and problem-solving.
If you do not have any prior experience, a certification can help pave a way to your dream of becoming an HR Business Partner.
• Key Skills – Financial analysis, MS Office, Tally, bookkeeping, accounting policies and team management.
Which are the top recruiters that hire HR Business Partners?
HR Business Partner is an attractive position in the HR field and a lot of HR professionals hope to get opportunities to become one. Some of the top recruiters that hire HR Business Partners are Google, Accenture, IBM, Godrej, Lifestyle International and AON Hewitt.