What is a Full stack Web Developer?
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is a full stack web developer?
What are the responsibilities of a full stack web developer?
The basic responsibility of a full stack web developer is to build everything that goes into a web page/app. Some of the common roles of a Full Stack Web Developer are:
• Conceptualising the framework and design as per customer’s or organisational needs.
• Planning the project deadlines and estimation of the cost and the resources required.
• Creating the UX/UI designs to optimise the interactions between the system and users.
• Designing of manual or automated tests for bugs and errors.
• Deploying of the system to the servers and maintaining it.
What are the skills associated with full stack web development?
If you want a successful career in full stack web development, the following skills are required:
• Experienced in server-side languages like Python, PHP, Ruby and .Net.
• Ability to work on API design and development.
• Command over web server technologies like node.js, J2EE, Apache, etc.
• Basic knowledge of database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
What are the career outcomes after a full stack web development certification?
With a certification in full stack development, you will be one of the most desirable candidates in the IT industry. Some of the career outcomes that you can expect with experience over your career journey:
• Team Leader, IT/ Senior Web Developer
• Project Manager, IT/Project Leader, IT
• Technical Architect
• Senior Project Manager
What is the average salary of a Full Stack Web Developer?
The average salary of an entry-level full stack web developer is around ₹ 4 Lacs per annum and a mid-level professional earns about ₹ 7 Lacs per annum. The average salary for an experienced or senior-level developer can be approximately ₹ 11.8 Lacs per annum. The salary may vary according to qualification, experience or organisation.
What are the advantages of becoming a Full Stack Web Developer?
There are a lot of advantages as a full stack web developer. Some of the reasons that why you should become one are:
• Full Stack Web Developers are a rare bunch in the IT industry and are in great demand. You can expect good opportunities in some of the top organisations across the globe.
• Most big organisations have a variety of projects for Full Stack Web Developers to gain a lot of expertise. You can have a successful career growth in the IT industry.
• Most Full Stack Web Developers earn more than the average web developers in the industry due to them being jack-of-all-trades.
Which profiles can go for a full stack web developer position?
• Fresh Graduates
• Web Designers/Web Developers
• Technical Support Executives
• IT professionals
Who can become a full stack web developer?
• Fresh Graduates – If you are a fresh graduate and want to become a full stack web developer, you can acquire the skills through training.
• Non-experienced professionals – If you do not have experience in the field, it would be difficult for you to get a job in that position. Hence, you can take up a certification course in full stack web development to gain the required skills and hands-on experience.
• Experienced professionals – If you are already in web development profile and have the requisite skills, then it would be easy for you to become a Full Stack Web Developer.
Naukri Learning offers a variety of online full stack web development courses which will help you to boost your career, get better jobs and receive higher salaries.
What is the eligibility criteria for a full stack web developer?
There is no fixed eligibility to become a Full Stack Web Developer. However, a certain amount of experience or skills in the field of web development and basic knowledge of scripting and programming languages is required. Most of the Full Stack Web Developers have a degree in computer science, engineering or have a certification in web development. With a web developer certification, you will have an added advantage over non-certified professionals.
Why are candidates going for a full stack web development profile?
Web development offers a lot of opportunities and if you are full stack web developer, there are various avenues for you to grow in the IT industry. Some of the reasons why candidates are going for a full stack web development profile are:
• Fresh Graduates – Most fresh graduates do not have the skills to do full stack web development. If you are certified as a full stack developer, you can receive attractive opportunities in some of the top companies.
• Web Designers/Web Developers – Most web designers or web developers have expertise in the common skills, leading to more competition and less growth. With full stack development experience, you can be ahead of that competition. The average salary of a Full Stack Web Developer is also better than compared to basic web designers and developers.
• Technical Support Executives – For technical support executives, moving to a full stack development role is a career enhancement. Also, you can earn more as a Full Stack Web Developer as compared to a technical support executive.
What do recruiters look for in a full stack web developer?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring a full stack web developer:
• Prior experience – Any prior experience in the field can make recruiters interested in you. It is also great if you can have any transferable skills like web development, programming and problem-solving.
Get a certification in web development to start your career if you do not have the required skills.
Who are the top recruiters that hire full stack web developers?
A full stack web developer is an attractive position in the IT industry and companies try to hire skilled professionals with attractive packages. Get hired by some of the big names like Accenture, IBM, SAP Labs, EA Games, Amazon Development Centre and TCS by improving your skills with a certification in full stack web development.