What is a Front end web Developer?
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is a front-end web developer?
What are the roles of a front-end web developer?
The main role of a front-end web developer is to create user interaction and experience. Some of their major responsibilities are:
• Developing user-facing features as per requirements.
• Creating user-friendly interfaces and bringing a web designer’s concept to life through client-side coding.
• Creating, maintaining and modifying a website’s or web application’s interfaces.
• Optimising a website or web application for effective user experience, while adhering to standard SEO practices.
• Collaborating with web designers, back-end developers and other stakeholders.
What are the skills required to become a front-end web developer?
For a successful career in front-end web development, one should have the following skills:
• Advanced knowledge of front-end frameworks like AngularJS, jQuery and Bootstrap.
• Good knowledge of best SEO principles.
• Decent communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms.
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
What are the career outcomes with an experience in front-end web development?
With a web development certification along with experience, you can expect one of the following career outcomes:
• Full-stack web developer
• UX/UI Expert
• Team Lead/Project Lead
As you gain more experience over your career journey, your skills get enhanced. This will help you to make further career progressions to become:
• Product Manager
• Head of Development/CTO
What is the average salary of a front-end web developer?
The average salary of an entry-level front-end web developer is around ₹ 3.8 Lacs per annum, while a mid-level professional earns approximately ₹ 7 Lacs per annum. Experienced or senior-level professionals have an average salary of around ₹ 11.5 Lacs per annum. It may also vary according to the experience, qualification or organisation.
What are the career advantages of becoming a front-end web developer?
The role of front-end web developers is important as the users directly interact with their work. There are many career advantages of becoming a front-end web developer:
• The job of a front-end web developer is a creative one. One needs to understand the users to provide them with a good web experience. Thus, the work does not get monotonous and you can enjoy what you do.
• Front-end web developers get the opportunity to work on different projects which will help them to grow professionally.
• The demand for front-end developers is high across all industries. Therefore, the pay is pretty decent and one can also have the chance to work with some of the top organisations.
• Someone who is experienced and has worked on a lot of projects can freelance to earn more or even become a full-time freelancer and take control of his/her own professional life.
Which profiles can go for a front-end web developer profile?
• Fresh Graduates
• Web Designers
• Technical Support Executives
• IT professionals
Who can become a front-end web developer?
• Fresh Graduates – Graduates from computer engineering or related background can start their career as a front-end web developer with basic knowledge of front-end languages. Candidates can improve their chances with a professional certification course in web development.
• Non-experienced professionals – Working professionals who want to switch to a front-end web development profile need to have the right skills to get employed. These professionals will greatly benefit from a web development training course.
• Experienced professionals – Experienced professionals are expected to have worked with web development projects. They can improve their salary with a certification and boost their career.
Naukri Learning offers a wide range of professional courses in web development that will help candidates to acquire the right skills to get a job, improve their career or get a better salary.
What is the eligibility criteria for a front-end web developer?
Why are candidates going for a front-end web developer profile?
• Fresh Graduates – Those who want to start a career in the IT industry, front-end web development can be a good option. It offers a healthy career start, with decent pay and opportunity to work in some of the challenging projects.
• Web Designers – Organisations love to hire web developers who are good in designing as well. This is the reason why web designers go for professional web development course. The average pay of front-end web developers is also higher than that of web designers.
• Technical Support Executives – The career growth of technical support executives get stagnant at certain points in their professional life. Therefore, they wish to move to a position that requires better technical expertise, like web development. The average pay is also higher for front-end web developers as compared to technical support executives.
What do recruiters look for in the candidature of a front-end web developer?
Recruiters usually look for the following areas while hiring a front-end web developer:
• Prior Experience – Most recruiters prefer to hire the best candidates who have prior experience. However, if you have the skills and the passion, you can get ahead of the competition. Acquire the right skills through a professional certification. It’s also great to have transferable skills like good communication, problem-solving and analytical abilities.
What are the top recruiters who hire front-end web developers?
Front-end web developers are in high demand across various industries and many top organisations want to hire skilled ones. Some of the big companies which hire front-end web developers are Accenture, IBM, Capgemini, Oracle, and Hitachi Consulting.