What is a CRM Executive?
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is a CRM executive?
A CRM (Customer Relationship Management) executive is a professional who is responsible for understanding the needs of the clients and helping them with their problems. He/she deals with customer requests by offering them ideas and insights to improve their experience.
What are the roles & responsibilities of a CRM executive?
Apart from building relationships with customers, a CRM executive has the following roles:
• Maintaining the CRM activities of an organisation, which includes e-mail, direct mail, SMS marketing, loyalty programmes and other activities.
• Ensuring all CRM activities are consistent and follows the organisation’s and industry best practices.
• Making strategies and planning CRM activities with a view of retaining customers and expanding the brand’s visibility.
• Developing strategies on ways to improve customer relationship.
• Working with other departments to ensure that CRM activities work well in every aspects of the business.
What are the skills required to become a CRM executive?
To have a successful career as a CRM executive, you should have the following skills:
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good time management skills and high attention to details.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
What are the career outcomes of a CRM executive?
With an experience as a CRM executive, you can expect the following career outcomes:
• CRM Manager
• Sales Manager
• Business Manager
• Business Development Manager
What is the average salary of a CRM executive?
The average entry-level salary of a CRM executive is around ₹ 2 Lakhs per annum, while a mid-level CRM executive earns on an average about ₹ 4 Lakhs per annum. The salary of an experienced or senior-level CRM executive is about ₹ 6 Lakhs per annum. The salary also varies according to an individual’s qualification, experience and the type of organisation. Usually, a professional with a certification in sales can have a better career growth as compared to a non-certified professional.
What are the career advantages of a CRM executive?
A CRM executive can gain good experience in handling people. Some of the other benefits of becoming a CRM executive are:
• As a CRM executive has to handle different types of people, you will acquire experience in people management and relationship management skills.
• The job of a CRM executive provides professionals with a chance to improve their professional network.
• You can also gain good skills in sales and business development with an experience as a CRM executive.
Which profiles can go for a CRM executive?
• Fresh graduates
• Sales Executives
• Retail Sales professionals
• Customer Care Executives
• Telesales professionals
Who can become a CRM executive?
• Fresh graduates – No prior experience is required to become a CRM executive. One can start from scratch if they have good communication skills and the passion to learn.
• Non-experienced professionals – Professionals with no experience in CRM can also go for the role as it requires one to have only a good knowledge of how to handle clients. You can always get the skills through a certification in sales or negotiation.
• Experienced professionals – It is expected that experienced professionals should have some experience in handling customers and maintaining customer relationships. You can always go for a professional training course in customer relationship to boost your skills.
Naukri Learning offers a plethora of online professional courses in customer relationship and sales to boost your career, get better salary and improve your skills.
What is the eligibility criteria of a CRM executive?
There is no fixed eligibility criteria to become a CRM executive. CRM executives can from different backgrounds. However, they all have good communication and customer relationship skills. You can improve on those skills with the help of a certification course.
Why are candidates going for a CRM executive profile?
CRM executive is a good profile for fresh graduates and professionals who want to have a successful career in sales. Some of the reasons why candidates are going for a CRM executive profile are:
• Fresh graduates – If you are a fresh graduate and want to start your career in sales and business development, then working as a CRM executive can help you gain many skills. This will help you to develop your career further and move to better positions.
• Sales Executives – CRM executive profile is a combination of sales and account management. This is why, you will learn a lot and have a better career growth as a CRM executive than a sales executive.
• Customer Care Executives – As a customer care executive, you will have good skills in customer relationship and sales. But as a CRM executive, you will get to handle core customers and have a deeper knowledge in sales and promotions. This will help you to boost your career.
What do recruiters look for in a CRM executive profile?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring a CRM executive profile:
• Prior experience – Recruiters usually prefer candidates who have prior experience in the field. However, if you can showcase your skills and the ability to handle the responsibilities associated with the profile, you have a good chance as well without prior experience.
• Key skills – Relationship management, sales, customer relationship management, handling customer queries, after sales support, communication skills, MIS reporting, etc.
Who are the top recruiters who hire CRM executives?
Many big organisations prefer to hire CRM executives who can offer good after sales support and maintain customer relationships. Some of the top companies are Future Retail, Info Edge, ITC, and Reliance Capital.