Career Path to become Visualiser/Visualizer
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is a visualiser/visualizer?
A visualiser/visualizer is a professional who transforms basic graphical ideas in the form of pictures, texts or images into realistic dimensional graphics, either in 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional format. The job of a visualiser/visualizer is to create attractive and easy-to-understand graphics, which are referred to as the artist’s impression as he is responsible for converting an idea into realistic end results.
What are the roles/responsibilities of a visualiser/visualizer?
The basic role of a visualiser/visualizer is to conceptualise and create 2D or 3D graphics based on a rough idea given by a designer. Some of the common roles/responsibilities of a visualiser/visualizer are:
• Constructing computer-aided design (CAD) drawings and 3D visuals based on rough sketches or real-life objects.
• Assisting designers, architects or other design professionals to create 3D models for proposals to clients.
• Developing and transforming the client briefs into 2D or 3D visuals according to the preference.
• Creating design solutions from concept to production, applying the right textures and lighting techniques.
What are the skills/tools associated with a visualiser/visualizer?
If you want a successful career as a visualiser/visualizer, the following skills are required:
• Experienced in some of the prominent design software like AutoCAD, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Possess a high-level of creativity in terms of design and have an excellent eye for details.
• Ability to understand design briefs easily and conceptualise into reality.
• Good time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What are the career outcomes with experience in visualisation?
• 3D Visualiser(Visualizer)/3D Animator
• CAD Modeller/CAD Engineer
• Architectural Designer
• Design Manager/Senior Art Director
What is the average salary of a visualiser/visualizer?
The average salary of a visualiser/visualizer is approximately around ₹ 4 Lacs per annum and with experience, skills and certification, one can improve their earning potential a lot. Generally, a certified professional has a higher chance of career progression as compared to a non-certified one. It may vary according to the experience, qualification and organisation.
What are the advantages of becoming a visualiser/visualizer?
Visualiser/visualizer job is a combination of natural talent and experience. Thus, if you have the raw talent and the urge to succeed, you can move ahead in your professional life to a great extent. Some of the advantages of becoming a visualiser/visualizer are:
• As a creative profession, if you show the right amount of dedication, you can enjoy quick career progression.
• The job of a visualiser/visualizer offers a lot of interesting challenges and there is, usually, no place for monotony in the job.
• Visualisation is an important tool to showcase projects and deliver the right picture. You can become the person who is responsible for sending that message.
Which profiles can go for a visualiser/visualizer position?
• Fresh Graduates
• Junior Art Directors
• Graphic Designers
• Web Designers
Who can become a visualiser/visualizer?
• Fresh graduates – Though it’s common for fresh graduates to start their career as a visualiser/visualizer, you can get better opportunities if you have are a certified professional.
• Experienced professionals – When you have the necessary experience and skills, it is always easy to get the job you are looking for. With the right experience in 3D visualising, you can have easy chances of becoming a visualiser/visualizer.
• Non-experienced professionals – If you are a professional with no experience in the field, might become a bit difficult to get interview opportunities. Such candidates usually go for a certification course to acquire the required skills and knowledge.
Naukri Learning offers various online courses in designing which you will help you to enhance your career, get better job opportunities and a higher pay package.
What is the eligibility criteria to become a visualiser/visualizer?
There is no fixed eligibility criteria to become a visualiser/visualizer. However, some amount of experience in graphics designing can help you. Most of the visualisers/visualizers have good creative skills and have done a course in designing. A certification in one of the popular designing software tools can help you to get opportunities to work as a visualiser/visualizer.
Why are candidates going for a visualiser/visualizer profile?
Visualisers/visualizers have a good career path and this is the reason a lot of candidates from design background wants to make the switch. Following are some of the major reasons why candidates go for a visualiser/visualizer profile:
• Fresh graduates – If you want to start a career in designing, being a visualiser/visualizer will offer you with the right platform for career growth. As a visualiser/visualizer, you can also have the opportunity to work in different industries and get a plethora of experience.
• Graphic Designers/Web Designers – Most professionals in the design field start their career as graphics designer or web designer. Therefore, there is a lot of competition in the field. As a visualiser/visualizer, you will get more opportunities as there is less competition as compared to the former job profiles. The average salary for experienced visualiser/visualizer is also higher as compared to graphics designer or web designer.
What do recruiters look for in the candidature of a visualiser/visualizer?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring a visualiser/visualizer:
• Prior experience – Any prior experience in designing can make the recruiters interested in you. It is also great if you can have any transferable skills like communication and knowledge of any designing tools.
• Key Skills – Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Visualiser/Visualizer, 3DSmax, Image editing and animation.
Who are the top recruiters that hire visualisers/visualizers?
There are a lot of prominent companies that hire visualisers/visualizers to created 3D or 2D models or graphics. Some of the top companies that hire visualisers/visualizers are Amazon, RR Donnelley, Harbinger Systems, and Accenture.