Career Path to become Accounting Manager
Role / Profile
Who can become ?
Who is an Accounting/Accounts Manager?
An Accounting Manager/Manager is a professional who is responsible with the all areas related to financial reporting. Accounting/Accounts Managers are also tasked with the responsibility of for developing and maintaining accounting principles and practices so that there is timely and accurate reporting of financial statements.
What are the roles/responsibilities of an Accounting/Accounts Manager?
Accounting/Accounts manager’s basic responsibility is to track and evaluate the financial situation of an organisation.
Some of the major roles and responsibilities of an Accounting/Accounts Manager are:
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the finance department of an organisation.
• Establish a common code of operations so that there is accuracy and compliance.
• Enforce proper accounting methods, principles and policies as per the industry standards.
• Monitor and analyse the account data and meet financial objectives.
• Produce proper financial reports or statements to communicate clearly with the stakeholders.
What are the skills/tools associated with Accounting/Accounts Management?
• Advanced skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
• Good knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and laws.
• Expertise in handling large amounts of data, with high attention to details and accuracy.
• Ability to manage a team of accountants and finance professionals.
What are the career outcomes after an Accounting/Accounts Manager certification?
With a certification in accounting, you can expect to establish a successful career in the finance industry.
Some of the career outcomes you can expect:
• Senior Finance Manager
• VP-Finance/Finance Director
• Chief Finance Officer
• Assistant General Manager
What is the average salary of an Accounting/Accounts Manager?
The average salary of an Accounting/Accounts Manager is around ₹ 7.2 Lacs per annum and with experience, it can be more than ₹ 15 Lacs per annum. A certified Accounting/Accounts Manager can earn and grow more than a non-certified professional.
What are the advantages of becoming an Accounting/Accounts Manager?
Accounting/Accounts Managers are responsible for handling the financial accounts of an organisation and there is a certain amount of reputation that goes with it. It is also an achievement for professionals who have been working in the industry.
Some of the advantages of becoming an Accounting/Accounts Manager are:
• As an Account Manager, you will be making key decisions regarding an organisation’s financial statements. This will provide professionals with a wealth of experience.
• Being in an accounting managerial profile will give professionals to be in a decision-making position which impacts in the company’s financial decisions. This provides a job satisfaction of being more than just someone who handles numbers and figures.
• As obvious as it is, an Accounting/Accounts Manager position comes with better salary and other benefits.
• For professionals who are looking for a career growth in the finance industry, Accounting/Accounts Manager is a step up in the position.
Which profiles can go for an Accounting/Accounts Manager profile?
• Finance Executives
• Staff Accountants/Corporate Accountants
• Administrative Controller/Assistant Controller
Who can become an Accounting/Accounts Manager?
• Non-experienced professionals- If you do not have experience in the field, recruiters are less likely to hire you or even call for an interview for a position like Accounting/Accounts Manager. Hence, such professionals can take up a certification course to gain the required skills and hands-on experience.
• Experienced professionals – If you are already in an accounting profile and have the requisite skills, then it would be easy for you to become an Accounting/Accounts Manager.
Naukri Learning offers a variety of online accounting courses which will help you to boost your career, get better jobs and receive higher salaries.
What is the eligibility of an Accounting/Accounts Manager?
There is no fixed eligibility to become an Accounting/Accounts Manager. However, a certain amount of experience or skills in the field of accounting is required. Most of the Accounting/Accounts Managers have a degree in mathematics, statistics, commerce or finance. Also, if you have a certification, you will have an added advantage over non-certified professionals.
Why are candidates going for an Accounting/Accounts Manager profile?
Accounting Manager is an improvement in the career journey for professionals who are working in the finance industry. For some, it is a gateway to further their career ambitions and this is why there are a lot of professionals vying for the position.
Below are some of the prominent reasons:
• Finance Executives- Finance executives are usually entry-level positions, and hence moving to an Account Manager position is an enhancement of their career.
The salary of accounting/accounts manager is relatively higher than that of finance executives.
• Staff Accountants/Corporate Accountants/Auditors- For most staff accountants/corporate accountants and Auditors, being a finance manager is giving a boost to the career and there are better opportunities as well.
What do recruiters want in an Accounting/Accounts Manager candidate?
Recruiters usually look for the following points while hiring an Accounting/Accounts Manager:
• Prior experience – Any prior experience in the field can make the recruiters interested in you. It is also great if you can have any transferable skills like statistical, analytical, and problem-solving.
If you do not have any prior experience, a certification can help pave a way to your dream of becoming an Accounting/Accounts Manager.
• Key Skills – Financial analysis, MS Office, Tally, bookkeeping, accounting policies and team management.
Which are the top recruiters that hire Accounting/Accounts Manager?
Accounting/Accounts Manager is an attractive position in the finance industry and a lot of professionals vie to get opportunities to start a career in this field. Some of the top recruiters that hire Accounting/Accounts Manager are Deloitte, Edelweiss, Fidelity Investments, Deutsche Bank and AIG.