In this age of information and internet, digital marketing plays an important role in an organisation’s business growth. We have seen over the years how digital marketing has evolved and become a core part of nearly every organisation’s marketing plans. SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is one of the integral areas in digital marketing and is given great importance as it requires very less investment as compared to other areas of digital marketing. One good reason why you should go for an SEO certification course.
This article will cover the following topics:
In any industry, you will find hundreds of small, medium and large enterprises that are in the same business. However, when you search for a particular product in Google or any other search engine, you will find only some of the organisation on the first page of the search result. Thus, if you want to get your business or products to have better visibility on the search engine, you need to have a good SEO plan.
What is SEO?
SEO is a set of activities and methods that are used to increase a website’s position on search engine results pages (SERPs) on some of the top search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. SEO professionals usually have a good knowledge of how search engines work and tweak the websites accordingly to rank the websites higher on the search engines.
There are a lot of factors which contribute towards the ranking of websites in a search engine. This is done by crawling the sites and analysing the information present which can be read by the search engines. This is where SEO experts come into play to provide the required boost to the website visibility on search engines, which in turn leads to better business growth.
What are the advantages of SEO?
You will find numerous reports that state that 75% or more of the web users usually do not go beyond the first page of any search result. Since all of these cannot be wrong and if you consider your own web behaviour, it is evident that the first page of the search result is the most important one. Apart from that, there are various other advantages of SEO, like:
- Low investment budget – To start SEO marketing activities, organisations do not need a huge budget. They can start with a team of knowledgeable people who have a good understanding of websites and search engines.
- High ROI – SEO provides the highest ROI as compared to traditional and other forms of paid marketing activities. Most of the people who come to a site by clicking on a search engine result are highly likely to get converted as they are actually looking for the products available on it.
- Build credibility – Websites which are shown on the first page not only gets higher traffic, they are also considered to have more credibility than those which appear on later pages.
- Results are permanent – Unlike other marketing efforts, the effects of SEO is usually permanent. However, you will need to maintain the activities in order to keep up the top position.
Also read>> How to improve SEO ranking?
Why should you get a certification in SEO?
The demand for SEO is growing in the online marketing industry and you should grab the opportunity to have a successful career in it. The best way to start is to enrol in an online certification course in SEO. Some of the major reasons why getting a certification will help you are:
- Most organisations nowadays do not want to spend extra money to train new hires before they can be good resources in maintaining their SEO activities. They want to hire people who already have the knowledge and skills. This is why getting a certification will improve your chances of getting a job.
- Based on a Naukri Survey, 67% of the recruiters mentioned that they prefer certified candidates and are also willing to pay higher. This again shows how important it is to get a certification if you want to move into SEO or looking for better job opportunities.
- There are a lot of new start-ups which are getting tremendous investment from various venture capitalists. These start-ups look for skilled SEO professionals who can grow their business and are willing to pay above industry average to get the best ones. You can have a chance of landing such a job with a certification.
- A reputed certification is always a recognition of your skills and is accepted globally, which increases your chance of getting a job anywhere you want.
What are the top certifications in SEO?
Naukri Learning offers a plethora of certification courses in SEO. Some of the popular courses are:
- Digital Marketing Certified Associate Training (DMCA) – This is an instructor-led training course which will provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of SEO and the various tools associated with it like Google Analytics. The course also includes various other activities associated with digital marketing.
- Certified Digital Marketing Master Course (CDDM) – This is a Master certification course aimed at providing a holistic learning experience to professionals who want to become experts in SEO, SEM and other digital marketing areas.
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization Certification Training – This training course is specifically designed to provide candidates with the best skills in SEO.
If you are looking to boost your career, get better job opportunities or receive a higher salary, you should go for a professional course in SEO.