CCNA has always been a prominent name in networking and if you are looking to get a certification in CCNA, you have come to the right place. It has always been considered the industry gold standard of certification for anyone who wants to start a career in networking. After acquiring the CCNA certification, you can go for higher levels of certification like the CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional). This article will cover all the areas of certification in CCNA and how you could get one.
What is CCNA?
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is a prominent networking certification offered by Cisco, the world’s prominent network equipment manufacturing company. CCNA is an associate-level certification and tests a candidate’s skill in installing, operating and troubleshooting a small to medium-level enterprise branch network.
The CCNA exam covers a broad range of topics related to networking like:
- WAN and LAN design
- OSI models
- IP addressing
- VLAN and WLAN
- Routers/routing protocols
- Network security and models
How can you get a CCNA certification?
The CCNA program was redesigned in 2013 to include various subspecialties related to networking. It also includes CCNA Cloud certification to measure skills in cloud networking and CCNA wireless to validate the competencies in wireless local area networks.
How to get the certification?
To earn the certification, you need to pass one of the two exams:
Option 1: CCNA Composite. To earn a CCNA Routing and Switching certification, one needs to earn a passing score on Cisco exam #200-125.
Option 2: ICND1 and ICND2. You can also earn the certification if you have a passing score in each of the two exam topics, 100-105 ICND1 and 200-105 ICND2.
How to register with Cisco?
Step1: Go to the Pearson VUE site to create a new CSCO account. You need to do this only once and you will get a unique ID, with which every exam you take will be associated.
Step2: Once you register, you will get an authorisation link and password, which you will need to authorise before registering for the exam.
How to schedule the exam?
Step1: Sign-in with your CSCO ID on the Pearson VUE and choose the exam that you are looking to appear for.
Step2: Choose the test centre. Remember that all test centres do support all the exams. Check out before choosing.
Also Read>> Cisco Certifications: CCNA Vs CCNP
What are the benefits of a CCNA certification?
As with any certification, CCNA also offers a host of benefits in terms of career. Some of the advantages of getting a CCNA certification are:
- Better job opportunities – If you are looking for a job in networking, you can have a better chance of getting interview calls if you have a CCNA certification. As it is considered as the premier certification in the industry, most organisations prefer CCNA certified professionals handling their network.
- Higher salary – CCNA certification can also act as a catalyst to improve your career prospects. If you are looking to move to a higher position in your organisation, you can go for a CCNA certification and prove that you are the perfect person for the job.
- Impeccable skills – It is not easy to get a CCNA certification as it needs a lot of preparation and good knowledge in the area. When you prepare for the CCNA certification, you will gain a great number of skills related to networking, which will help you in your future.
- Well-rounded resume – A resume for networking is usually incomplete without a Cisco certification. With a CCNA certification, your resume will have good weight and may stand out of the competition whenever you decide to switch jobs.
What are the top certification courses in CCNA?
Naukri Learning offers a variety of courses which will help you in preparing for the CCNA certification. Some of the top CCNA certification courses are:
- CCNA Routing and Switching – This course offers a complete learning package for those who are preparing to appear for the CCNA certification exam. You will get to understand the basics of networking and manage a Cisco network.
- CCNA Routing & Switching V3.0 Weekend Classroom Batch – Get trained in the current version of the CCNA certification areas and get hands-on experience in installing, configuring, operating, and managing basic IPv4/IPv6 networks.
- Cisco CCNA 200 120 The Complete Course – Candidates will get an in-depth understanding of the various network configurations and connections.
There are other good courses which can help you to boost your career, have better salary and improve your job prospects.