According to International Data Corporation, more than half the global economy will be turning digital by 2023 and enterprises will get ready for the digitized economy by accelerating investments in key technologies through massive, API-based digital platforms and communities. This has made Data Science & Machine Learning jobs as the ‘hottest job of the decade,’ and are the fastest-growing fields in tech.
The easiest way to get started is by taking an online data science class from any of the highest rated institutes and resources. Most professionals either spend too much time in search of the right course or the right technology. To help you in your search, we offer a quick overview of the top platforms from where you can learn data science and machine learning.
These platforms and the courses they offer are suitable for all, from freshers to experienced professionals. We hope that you’ll find the right course, and patiently work on finishing it. Here’s the list:
Coursera is a popular online learning platform offering massive open online courses (MOOC), specializations, and degrees in a range of subjects, including data science, machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence. This platform hosts courses from top universities including Harvard University, University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins University, University of Michigan, MITx, etc. Coursera courses can be audited for free and certificates can be obtained by paying the mentioned amount. You will find that most of the courses from Coursera are part of a particular specialization, which is a micro-credential offered by Coursera. These specializations also include a capstone project and are geared towards in-demand skills in business and technology.
- Applied Data Science with Python Specialization by the University of Michigan on Coursera
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox by Johns Hopkins University via Coursera
- Process Mining: Data science in Action by Eindhoven University of Technology via Coursera
- Using Databases with Python by the University of Michigan on Coursera
- Applied AI with Deep Learning by IBM on Coursera
- Managing Big Data with MySQL by Duke University on Coursera
A joint venture of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University, edX is a massive open online course provider and host free as well as paid university-level data science courses along with other specializations. edX hosts data science courses in Python, R Programming, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and Deep Learning. Some of the most coveted ones include –
- Complete Data Science Training with Python for Data Analysis by the University of California, San Diego on edx
- Data Science: Linear Regression by Harvard University on edx
- Big Data Fundamentals by the University of Adelaide on edx
- Big Data and Education by the University of Pennsylvania on edx
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow by IBM on edx
- Deep Learning with Python and PyTorch by IBM on edx
Udemy is among the most popular online learning platforms globally, designed explicitly for improving job-related skills of the participants. It has the world’s largest selection of courses, including over 100,000 online video courses, with over 1000 data science and machine learning courses. Udemy is offering massive discounts of no less than 90% on the majority of its courses, in this lockdown period, so pick the course that suits your requirements.
- Complete 2020 Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp
- Complete Machine Learning and Data Science: Zero to Mastery
- R Basics – R Programming Language Introduction
- Learn Data Science With R
- Mastering Data Science and Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Welcome to Artificial Intelligence
Udacity is a popular for-profit educational organization that focuses on career advancement programs for professionals. Data science is one of the most popular topics covered by Udacity and both paid and free are available online. The courses are created in partnership with leading universities globally. Some of the popular data science programs you can consider taking up from Udacity are –
- Intro to Data Analysis
- Programming for Data Science with Python
- Programming for Data Science with R
- Intro to Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence for Trading
- Machine Learning by Georgia Tech
- Artificial Intelligence for Robotics by Georgia Tech Masters
- Intro to TensorFlow for Deep Learning
Edureka is an Indian e-learning platform that provides live, instructor-led courses for professionals willing to upskill themselves. This platform offers interactive classes, and every course culminates in a live project. You can find some quality data science courses on Edureka. Note that most of these courses are paid. Some of the popular data science courses include –
Python Certification Training for Data Science
Machine Learning Certification Training using Python
Data Analytics with R Certification Training
Post Graduate Program in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Electronics & ICT Academy National Institute of Technology, Warangal)
Post Graduate Certification in Data Science (Electronics & ICT Academy IIT Guwahati)
DataCamp offers interactive data science courses and machine learning in different specializations. This is a dedicated resource for data science aspirants, with courses at both beginner and advanced levels. The courses are curated by the industry experts and include video lessons, as well as coding challenges and projects. Some of the popular data science courses are –
- DataCamp Data Science for BusinessIntermediate R
- Introduction to Data Visualization in Python
- Introduction to Python
The bible of data scientists! It is a subsidiary of Google LLC and serves as an online community of data scientists and machine learning practitioners. Kaggle provides data science enthusiasts with a platform to interact and compete in solving real-life problems while upskilling themselves. Kaggle also works towards finding and publishing data sets, and building models in a web-based data-science environment. The platform is more towards offering online micro-courses that can be helpful for those who look forward to quickly upskill themselves. Some of the free micro-courses through which you can learn data science and machine learning are –
- Python – Learn the most important language for data science.
- Intro to Machine Learning – Learn the core ideas in machine learning, and build your first models.
- Intermediate Machine Learning – Learn to handle missing values, non-numeric values, data leakage and more. Your models will be more
- accurate and useful.
- Data Visualization – Make great data visualizations. A great way to see the power of coding!
- Deep Learning – Use TensorFlow to take machine learning to the next level.
- Machine Learning Explainability – Extract human-understandable insights from any machine-learning model.
- Intro to Game AI and Reinforcement Learning – Build your own video game bots, using classic algorithms and cutting-edge techniques.
All the best!
In case you have recently completed a professional course/certification and would like to share your feedback to help other fellow learners, submit a review of the course with us.