Are you interested in SAP? Or Has SAP always been exciting for you? SAP can open a vast array of attractive job prospects for you, if you are actually interested in pursuing a world of business applications. Is someone advising you to get a certification in SAP to improve your chances of getting a good job? Are you thinking of becoming a successful SAP consultant? Do you need to know more about it? This article will help you to understand everything about SAP, the certifications and the benefits of a certification course.
- What is SAP Certification?
- Top SAP Certifications
- SAP Certification Eligibility
- Benefits of a SAP Certification
When we talk about SAP, it can refer to both the company, Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing (SAP SE), and one of the products developed by the same company. However, in this article, ‘SAP’ will refer to the product and the company will be termed as ‘the company.’
The company offers various products to help organisations meet essential business needs. The most prominent of the products is the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. SAP ERP is the de facto industry standard worldwide – offered for 25 industries, 37 languages, and 45 localisations. It has more than 50,000 customers worldwide and is growing.
Apart from ERP, the company also has other products ranging from analytics to human resource management.
A certification is like a cornucopia of opportunities and a key that will open the door to a whole new world of better job prospects. You can also establish your skills in the industry and get the visibility that will help you move up the professional ladder. Here are some of the popular certifications that will help you in the future:
- SAP Certified Associate – SAP Activate Project Manager: The certification exam validates whether SAP focused project managers have advanced business skills and the ability to apply methodologies and tools.
- Certified SAP Business Suite 7 Professional: This certification course will help you to become proficient in various aspects of end-to-end process support like customer engagement, procurement, manufacturing, supplier relationship and customer relationship.
- Certified SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Professional: This certification assesses the candidate’s ability to run the SAP BusinessObjects platform to help organisations to discover and share insights for better business decisions.
- SAP ERP Manager Government Certification: This certification evaluates the candidates according to the need of the company on scores of areas like managing and implementing ERP software, ERP basics, ERP technologies and E-logistics.
There are no specific requirements for a SAP certification. Applicants need to be graduates (BTech, B.Sc. or B.Com graduates can benefit more) or have a Master’s degree. Computer knowledge and a little knowledge in the area which you want to do the SAP course will be a big plus.
There are a lot of benefits when you are a certified SAP professional. Here is a list of some of the biggest advantages that you can have in getting a certification:
- Job – We all have hopes of getting a good job in a reputed company. A SAP certification can fulfil this dream, with ample job opportunities for skilled SAP professionals.
- Salary – It is no myth that a certification provides one with the chances of getting a better pay package as compared to one who is not certified. With a SAP certification, you can get an above-average package.
- Reputation – Being certified is a way of establishing your skills. As a certified SAP professional, your reputation in the industry is etched and you will receive a certain sense of respect from your colleagues and employers. This will also motivate them to become certified professionals; improving the talent pool of the organisation.
- Promotion – Stuck in the same position? With a certification, there is a high chance that your career game has changed and you will be able to perform better. The outcome is that you will be noticed by the management, leading to a higher chance of getting a promotion.
Also Read>> Qlikview Vs Tableau!
SAP is extensively used by organisations all over the country for different business needs and many prospective employers advertise their jobs stating that ‘SAP certification’ is a bonus. This and the above reasons mentioned will surely be enough to help you understand that a SAP certification is like a goldmine of career opportunities.
Also Read>> Data Science vs. Big Data vs. Data Analytics
Naukri learning offers you a comprehensive list of SAP certification courses to cater to your professional requirements