Globalization across industries has led to tremendous growth in trade, and goods need to be procured, stored, and dispatched in a streamlined manner, thereby leading to increased dependency on supply chain. With the Government of India introducing GST, industrial reforms, relaxing foreign direct investment (FDI) rules, and increasing spending in logistics businesses, a spur in the segment is seen, and the market has gained momentum better than ever.
This important business function has created exclusive opportunities for employment. This requires smart and dynamic candidates with a comprehensive and integrated knowledge of Supply Chain Management. Professionals having completed an industry-relevant course like Advanced Programme in Supply Chain Management (APSCM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional certification (CSCP) are the most sought after. Employment opportunities are available across different industries like consumer electronics, automotive sector, aviation, machinery, resources & mining, logistics, transportation & shipping, retail, and consulting, among others.
Career Spotlight Supply Chain Management
What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply chain management is an entire process of managing the flow of products and services. It includes a myriad of tasks, from sourcing raw materials to delivering finished goods.
Here are some of the essential components of supply chain management
- Return of products
To ensure successful supply chain management, businesses create a network of suppliers that ensure the flow of raw materials from the suppliers to manufacturers and from the manufacturers to the purchase market. Companies require supply chains in their manufacturing processes to cut excess costs, streamline the entire process, and deliver the products to the consumers faster.
Why Should You Take Up A Supply Chain Management Course?
A number of supply chain managers/executives/enthusiasts are taking up professional courses like APSCM by IIM Calcutta, an online program in SCM from Hughes Global Education, to sharpen their skills and work in this ever-growing market of supply chain management by understanding all the technical aspects of the topics in detail. These courses teach how to meet the demands of customers, work on improving the responsiveness of businesses, and contribute to financial success. Being a complex task, it is imperative to learn how to make strategies, implement them, know how to align processes, implement technologies, and build and maintain a supply chain network.
Here are some of the benefits that would encourage you to get enrolled in a Supply Chain Management course –
- Growing demand for skilled supply chain professionals
- Good remunerations
- Job opportunities in varied fields globally
- Competitive edge over other professionals
- Contribute to reducing costs, increasing revenues, and streamline business processes
- Get prepared for leadership roles
What Skills Do You Need To Become A Supply Chain Professional?
- Information Technology and Automation
- Project management
- Cost accounting
- Knowledge of Economics and Market Dynamics
- Knowledge of e-business
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Understanding of cross-cultural/global issues
- Ability to manage budgets
- Vendor management skills
- Knowledge of specific marketing channels
- Ability to effectively communicate business plans through presentations and other mediums
- Understanding of legal implications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business ethics
- Decision-making capability
- Time management and analytical capabilities
- Leadership quality
- Ability to cater to customers’ requirements
- Capability to perform under pressure
- Desire to learn and confidence
- People management
Which Supply Chain Courses Should I Take Up?
Relevant certification from any of the top institutes can have a significant effect on your career trajectory. Individuals who are in their early stages of career need to make smart and informed choices, while those who are already working in this field need to gain a competitive edge over others.
Some of the top courses in supply chain management that can help any supply chain professional to grow in their career are –
- Advanced Programme in Supply Chain Management (APSCM) by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta, felicitated by Hughes Global Education
- Certified Supply Chain Professional certification (CSCP) by the Association for Supply Chain Management (APICS)
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) by APICS
- Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR-P) Endorsement by APICS
- Supply Chain Management program by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Top Supply chain management Jobs for Supply Chain Professionals
- Supply Chain Management Analyst
- Supply Chain Management Consultant
- Assistant General Manager – Supply Chain Management
- Manager – Supply Chain Management
- Hub Head – Supply Chain & Operations
- Manager – Logistics
- Purchase Manager
- Lead Data Analyst – Supply Chain Management
- SCM Service Agent – Operations
- Head – Supply Chain/Operations
- Warehouse Manager
- Logistics Executive
- Coordinator – Logistics & Purchase
- Manager – Data Science SCM
- Risk Consultant – Supply Chain Management
- Manager – Inventory Management
- Process Improvement Consultant – Supply Chain Management
- Manager – International Purchase Procurement
- Consultant – B2B Sales – Supply Chain
Top Recruiters Hiring Supply Chain Professionals
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG
- McKinsey & Company
- Boston Consulting Group
Explore the Career Spotlight Supply Chain Management to know more about Employment opportunities and other factors in Supply Chain Management.
In case you have recently completed a professional course/certification, then