There is a lot of buzz around the term, ‘big data,’ and it is growing day by day. In this digital age, the global information storage capacity has become huge, with the high amount of information being created daily. The current global storage capacity is around 295 Exabytes (1 Exabyte is equal to 1 billion Gigabytes).
Big data is a growing industry with worldwide revenues growing every year and with the help of innovative new technology, it has become a common practice among many organisations. If you are looking to do a big data course, now is the time to enrol in one and get the chance to work in one of the most attractive and lucrative industries. Let’s have a look:
- What is Big Data?
- Top Big Data Certifications
- Big Data Certification Eligibility
- Benefits of a Big Data Certification
“Big Data is high volume, high velocity, and/or high variety information assets that require new forms of processing to enable enhanced decision making, insight discovery, and process optimization.”
To be brief and provide a simple understanding, big data is referred to data which is so large or complex that it cannot be analysed using traditional data processing application software.
Big data has four main characteristics (or commonly known as four Vs) which technically defines it: Volume, Velocity, Variety, and Value.
Volume can already be understood to be the sheer amount of data by which it is defined.
Velocity refers to the high speed of data generation, procession and analysis.
Variety is the different types of data from different sources.
Value represents the worth of the data. It represents how this data is going to provide unique information that is going to positively change the business outlook.
Getting a big data certification can change your career and help you reach greater heights in the professional hierarchy. If you are thinking of getting certified, here are some of the prominent big data certifications you can choose from:
- IBM Certified Data Architect – Big Data: This certification tests a candidate’s knowledge of relevant technologies, understands the relationship between the technologies and how they can be integrated and combined to effectively solve any given big data business problem.
- Collabera Big Data and Hadoop Developer: A reputed certification course; this course offers a lot of insights into various aspects of big data and Hadoop architecture. It also validates the skills related to common technologies used in big data like HBase, ZooKeeper, Flume, etc.
- IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data: This certification is intended for Big Data Engineers who work directly with a Data Architect and hands-on Developers to convert the architect’s Big Data vision and blueprint into a Big Data reality.
- Hadoop Administration: This certification course offers training to candidates on skills required to manage and maintain Hadoop clusters and tests a candidate’s ability to work on areas like Hadoop architectures, its components, and monitoring and troubleshooting a Hadoop cluster.
Also Read>> Career Advantages of Hadoop Certification!
Though there are no hard and fast requirements to become a big data professional, most of the people working in the industry have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in science, mathematics, engineering, finance, economics or statistics.
If you are from another field of studies, but determined enough, you can take the help of big data training courses to learn the skills and techniques that are necessary to become a big data professional.
Also Read>> A QUICK READ ON 5 BIG DATA CONCEPTS!
As a certified big data professional, you get to enjoy a lot of benefits and improve your visibility in the industry. Here is a list of some of the benefits that will convince you to take up a certification course:
- There is a huge shortage of expert professionals in the industry. According to a report by the American management consulting firm, McKinsey, there will be an “acute shortage of 190,000 professionals with deep analytical skills and 1.5 million managers with expertise in the industry” by 2018. With a big data certification, you have a better chance of getting a job interview call.
- A certification is the best way of establishing your skills in the industry. It will give you an edge over others having same academic qualifications. You can get better pay packages.
- Big data certification provides the impetus required for professionals from non-technical backgrounds to be successful in the industry.
- A certification course also provides candidates with hands-on experience of working in big data. This prepares them to be job ready and pave a path towards a successful big data journey.
Also Read>> How Top Companies Use Big Data Technology!
Corporations across all industries are embracing the concept of big data and using various technologies to analyse this data to interpret useful correlations or find meaningful patterns that will help the business. According to IBM, we create around 2.5 Exabytes of data every day. This shows the importance of adopting big data and the opportunities it is going to offer in the coming years.
Naukri learning provides aspirants with a number of course choices that will help them to follow the career path they choose to tread.
Got a question for us in big data certification? Please mention it in the comments section and we will get back to you.