During the Coronavirus outbreak, almost every company is worried about its barren sales pipelines. Mid and small scale businesses are overwhelmed with the thought of going out of business, and sales professionals are concerned about their jobs.
However, today leaders are trying all possible ways to keep their employees motivated using the below proposition:
“This won’t be easy, but there’s hope ahead”
Also, as per a report by McKinsey & Company, India is optimistic that the economy will quickly rebound.
So when the economy recovers, sales will see a positive impact, and you will get busy in capturing early demands.
But a time like this will possibly not come back, where you have the opportunity to hone your skills due to day-to-day workload.
Thus, you must invest this time wisely and use it for upskilling yourself.
To make you ready for the next normal, we have outlined a list of some of the best skill-based courses that you can take up today and learn or improve your overall sales career.
Skill Set 1 – Analytical Skills
As a sales manager, you need to have an analytical mindset. From interpreting large swathes of data to analyzing market sentiments, the role of a sales manager is driven by quantifiable statistics. Thus, to have a promising long-term career in sales, you must learn and enhance analytical competencies.
Consider Taking Below Courses For Upgrading Analytical Skills:
1. Marketing Analytics by the University of Virginia at Coursera
2. Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania at Coursera
4. People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania at Coursera
5. Excel Skills for Business Specialization by MACQUARIE University at Coursera
8. Certified Strategic Sales Professional by GetcertGo
9. Mindware: Critical Thinking for the Information Age by University of Michigan at Coursera
10. Sales Analysis for Management Consultants by Udemy
11. Effective Sales at Coursera
Skill Set 2 – Communication Skills
If you look at the seven-step sales process (Prospecting, Preparation, Planning approach, Presentation, Negotiations, Sales closure, and Follow-up), on almost every step, having excellent communication skills is a must.
From approaching clients to taking repeat follow-ups and from handling objections to closing the sales, if you are not good at listening, speaking, writing, and/or presenting, you won’t be a performer! Thus, to help you groom your communication skills, we have collated a list of promising courses for you.
Consider Taking Below Courses For Upgrading Communication Skills:
12. Improving Communication Skills Offered By the University of Pennsylvania at Coursera
13. Storytelling in the Workplace by edX
14. Communication Skills: Become More Clear, Concise, & Confident by Skill Share
15. Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication by Future Learn
16. Essential Selling Skills by Skill Soft
Skill Set 3- Customer Relationship Skills
The role of a sales manager doesn’t simply end on sales closure, and if you follow this practice, you are losing out! Every sales professional should ensure that they maintain a good relationship with their customers, listen to them, and resolve their complaints. It will not only mushroom them as repeat buyers but will also help in brand recall. For those who are at the mid-level and leadership roles, grooming CRM skills will give you various data-driven insights.
Consider Taking Below Courses For Upgrading Customer Relationship Skills:
18. Relationship Management by RICE University at Coursera
19. Customer Relationship Management by IIMB at edX
20. Customer Relationship Management in Business Services by Alison
21. Connecting with Sales Prospects by Northwestern University at Coursera
22. Sales Training: Inbound Business Strategy by Hubspot at Coursera
Skill Set 4- Sales Presentation Skills
Most of the sales leaders know what they need to speak in their sales meets, client presentations, and events. But what most of them don’t know is ‘how to make every presentation effective and appealing. Indeed, having excellent presentation skills is as vital as having detailed product knowledge. Giving persuasive presentations, syncing body language, and at the same talking sense to your audience requires practice and efforts, thus below courses can help.
Consider Taking Below Courses For Upgrading Presentation Skills:
24. Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen the University of California, Irvine at Coursera
25. Lesson | Video Conferencing: Face to Face but Online by Georgia Institute of Technology at Coursera
26. Effective Business Presentations with Powerpoint by PwC at Coursera
Skill Set 5 – Time Management and Collaboration Skills
As you grow in your career, it’s not only about your individual action but also how you manage your time and collaborate with others. To align your actions with the common goal, you must be proficient in time management, collaboration, and teamwork skills. Below courses can make you an efficient team-player. As a bonus, we’ve added a course to give you a booster in the form of design thinking perspective:
Consider Taking Below Courses For Upgrading Time Management and Collaboration Skills:
28. Teamwork & Collaboration by edX
29. Productivity Masterclass: Create a Custom System that Works by SkillShare
30. Design Thinking Fundamentals by edX
All the best!